SUPPORT PAA! Please use our Donate button to help us continue our important work supporting public school parents and children.
Here are some effects of PAA’s parent power in 2012:
- PAA challenged parent trigger legislation and won (so far!) in Florida and across the nation.
- We preempted efforts to use the “Won’t Back Down” movie to push parent trigger laws; the movie was roundly panned as propaganda by film critics and ticket sales were dismal.
- We co-wrote and promoted a National Resolution on High-Stakes Testing which currently has nearly 14,000 individual and 470 group endorsers including school boards.
- We pointed out major flaws in standardized tests, most notably in Pineapplegate.“
- We reached out to Congress and to parents and the public with letters, fact sheets, and position papers on charter schools, testing, class size, budgets, and other key education issues.
- Our leaders published articles in such places as the book, “Educational Courage,” the New York Times, and the Washington Post and were quoted or interviewed in nearly every major national news outlet from People Magazine and USA TODAY to the Wall Street Journal and Education Week to NPR to CNN and MSNBC.
- Our chapters and affiliates had many local successes fighting corporate reform and supporting quality public education for every child. These stories can be found every week in our newsletter and on our new website, www.parentsacrossamerica.org, where parents can also join in an Action of the Week.
Perhaps the best indication of our growing strength is the near doubling of our chapters and affiliates, which now number 38 across 21 states. We welcome parents and parent-centered public school advocacy groups to join us as we raise our voices in support of our children and our schools.
Unlike asrtroturf “parent” groups, we are an all-volunteer organization with little funding for our expenses beyond individual donations. We need your support to continue raising parents’ voices in the fight for our public schools and our children’s education. Please give generously!