Parents Across America members have written short information sheets on key issues that parents and school districts are facing across the country. These information sheets include links to other useful studies and reports. Some are in handy downloadable formats for you to print and share with others.
We’re adding subjects all the time, so be sure to check back often!
- Common Core Basics
- Annotated References for Common Core and CCSS tests position paper
- What is a Quality Education?
- A Parent’s Guide to the Broad Foundation’s Training Programs and Policies (pdf)
- Ask the Right Questions! (some guidelines for evaluating data and research)
- Why Class Size Matters
- How Teaching Experience Makes a Difference
- Parents’ Rights and the Value of Parent Involvement
- Ignoring Poverty Doesn’t Work
- Tying Teacher Salaries to Test Scores Doesn’t Work
- Tying Teacher Salaries to Test Scores Doesn’t Work Fact Sheet (click here to download)
- Research showing NCLB Doesn’t Work and PAA Positions Do
- Research showing NCLB doesn’t work and PAA positions do (pdf)
- Why More Standardized Tests Won’t Improve Education
- Why Class Size Reduction is a More Effective Reform than those required by Race to the Top (pdf)
- What Parents need to know: FAQ “Won’t Back Down” & Parent Trigger
- Beyond the parent trigger hype & propaganda: Just the Facts
- Parents’ Online Toolkit for the “Won’t Back Down” movie and Beyond